Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Do You Think Jay-Z Is Overrated

Do you think Jay-Z is overrated? Do I think Jay-Z is overrated? Well, before I answer that, I would like to get some things out the way first. Personally, I think Nas is the Best Rapper Ever, but i would be lying to myself if I said Jay-Z wasn't the G.O.A.T. (there is a difference between being the greatest, and being the best) Looking at all areas; commercial success, longevity, respect in the game, skill, flow, stage performance, album catalogue, I have to give Jay-Z that title of The Greatest Of All Time when it comes to Hip Hop history. But, I feel he is a bit overrated.

 





Sometimes, you notice that people just go with whatever he puts out just cos he is Jay-Z. I guess that is from the "Jay-Z" brand he built over the years. As he said- "I'm not a business man, I'm a business, man!" He has come a long way, and he is building a strong dynasty with his wife and everything, so all that adds as a plus for him. So, when people view him, they see him as someone that has attained a god status, and some of his music are judged based on that. People were calling his Magna Carta Holy Grail a classic when it dropped last week, till Jay-Z himself said it was maybe at number 4 on his list of albums.




I think he is a great rapper. The Blueprint 1, Reasonable Doubt, and The Black Album are all great albums. Even though I feel his latest album wasn't one of his greatest, i still bump it on my phone cos I think it is a good album. It is a good album, but definitely not a classic. I think there are more people feeling Jay-Z...there are more people on the Jay-Z bandwagon over his success in life and who he is married to, than for his actual skills on the mic. There have been a lot of times that I have had to interpret some Jay lines to some of his so called fans. Do I think Jay-Z is great? Yes, I not only think he is great, I think he is the G.O.A.T. Do i think he is overrated? Yes.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar